Sunday, August 14, 2011

Classic Looks: Stripes

Hey fellow bloggers! Long time no blog, I know. My excuse is that I have been on vacation in South Korea to visit family. I had an amazing time! Had TONS of yummy food, went sightseeing, and definetely shopping! I also have been loving the look of stripes these days. It is a classic and very effortless trend. I will be showing you 5 Back-to-school simple, but stylish outfits involving strpes.

This first look I am modeling consists of a yellow and white longsleeve v-neck shirt from Abercrombie. Neon stripes add a pop of color to the outfit. Under the top I am wearing a light blue ombre striped tank from Aeropostale. The stripes are smaller, but they compliment the bolder neon stripes in the longsleeve tee well. For jeans I am wearing light wash Abercrombie skinny tie-dye jeans. The tie-dye print is very subtle, so it matches bolder prints and is good for everyday wear. This a very casual, but cute look that I love for fall.


This next look is suitable for summer and early fall. This is a very nautical look, as it has red, white, and blue. The cardigan was purchased at a little boutique called A Land in Korea. It is a light white cardigan with navy blue stripes and a bold red stripe across the bottom. The cardigan is the statement piece of the outfit, and it is worn with a basic ensemble of a navy blue cami(Hollister) and short denim shorts(Abercrombie). I also would pair it with a whimsical and cute headband. The headband shown(do u see it?) is a navy blue headband with a cute studded bow from Nordstrom. This is the perfect nautical outfit.

This outfit incorprates another trend, which is mixing prints. The top is a slub white and blue v neck tee from Abercrombie(they have great deals on tees, about $10-$20 during sales). To "mismatch" it is a blue floral bodycon skirt from Hollister. This outfit looks cute with flats or sneakers for a casual look. The tips for mismatched patterns is that the patterns should be in a similar color palette. The top has white stripes, and the skirt has hints of white. This makes the mismatched lookchic this fall, and incorprates stripes very well.

This next outfit consists of a gray palette. The sweater  is from Forever21, and has light gray/rose heathered and beige stripes. It has a loose, cropped fit. With crop tops, skinny jeans/jeggings are a good option. So I matched the sweater with dark gray jeggings from Hollister. These are super form flattering, and Hollister is currently having a 50% sale on all jeans! This outfit looks super cute tucked under boots, and it is perfect for fall.



The last outfit(well, just a dress) is clearly the most basic and effortless one of the five. This outfit consists of a dress from Aerie. This dress has a relaxed, slightly loose fit and I usually wear it over a white tank. It has thin white stripes on a rich blue. There is a ropelike string to adjust the waist area. The dress looks somewhat like a henley tee dress-this is very in. I love this dress alone for now, and with a jacket and leggings for fall.

I hope you enjoyed this post on styling stripes! I love you guys. I accomplished 10 followers, thank you! :)
Comment, request, and follow.
much love, ally

No comments:

Post a Comment