Saturday, October 8, 2011

5 Inexpensive Beauty Must Haves!

1. Vaseline- I keep a mini size of this in my vanity or purse at ALL TIMES. Vaseline lotion has been my life saver-for under my nose and on my knees, where I have many dry patches due to the colder weather and my cold. It is an inexpensive, moisture locking body lotion to use after showering as well. This works as a hand and foot cream as well to moisten flaky skin there, and to repair dead skin cells. Vaseline can be used as a lash-conditioning treatment overnight, then wash it off the next morning.
2. Paul Mitchell Kids Shampoo- This used to be my FAVORITE shampoo last year, and I still love it. Even though this is a kids shampoo, the mild formula works well for normal hair without any strong chemicals or side effects, and is mild if it gets on your face/eyes(ouch). My favorite thing about this shampoo is that it detangles knots SO WELL and prevents my hair from being a knotty ball of messiness. This shampoo works well with my hair, my hair is ALWAYS healthier looking after using this shampoo. This shampoo is available at Ulta, Drugstores, and Hair Salons.
3. Burt's Bees Grapefruit Shampoo- This shampoo can be found at Ulta, drugstore.com, Target, and Drugstores. This is really inexpensive at about 5 dollars. This product is made of mostly natural ingredients, and it has real grapefruit oil(no wonder it smells like fresh citrus!). This shampoo detangles my hair really well, and my hair has a clean "tingle" after using. Hair also feels shinier as well, and has the shampoo has a honey-like texture. This works almost as well as the Paul Mitchell Shampoo, although more product is needed than that.



4. Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods Body Mist-I have been finding myself constantly looking for and reaching for this little body mist(mini size is $5 or 3 for $10, full size is $12 SCORE). I got this in the spring and used it about twice. I finally started using this in late August when I was looking for a musky, fall scent since most of my perfumes/body splashes are bright, floral, and/or fruity. Even though the mist has a colgone-like woodsy, mysterious, musky fall scent with the cool dewy mist of fall, the scent is not overpowering as it is a body mist. Use about 3 sprays on your body for a fall scent that is not too extreme, I have been getting many compliments on this fragrance and it is my new love. <3
5. 7 Way Nail Buffer- This is a really cool nail tool which can be found at many places, like drugstores, Sally Beauty, or Ulta. The first side has coarse grit to shape broken, crooked nails. The second side has medium grit for a similar purpose, but for milder cases. The third side has fine grit to smoothen the nail edges. The fourth side evens out your nail shape in general. The fifth side will give the nail a smooth, tabletop like surface. The sixth and seventh sides add a natural shine to nails. This is a nail-grooming essential that I can't live without, and is only about $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment